Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Columbus 2014

We made the pilgrimage to Buckeye country to visit Granny, Martha, Chris and Chris, and cousin Kelly.  Thankfully we drove through Ann Arbor on the way home to decontaminate.  I even dressed Gracie in her Detroit shirt just so everyone knew where we stood.  I should point out that even though Granny has lived in Columbus for many, many years she is a true Muchigander- born and bred in the Detroit city limits.  I know she secretly cheers for the maize and blue.


I like traditions and last year's visit was so successful I thought- why switch it up?  We made it to the fabulous Columbus zoo, swimming at Scioto, and enjoyed  Tommy's pizza dinner.  My 9 month old daughter also diced fruit on Chris and Chris's carpet.  Sorry.  The visit was just as fun as last year, and much easier with the addition of childcare expert cousin Kelly, and the loss of a 40lb pregnant belly.  We'll be back next year for more pizza, swimming and zoo.





Where's Martha?  I didn't take many photos and don't have any of my aunt Martha and the kids.  Not even one where everyone looks terrible and is mad at me for posting.  Sadness.  She is the one who makes everything happen, for everyone, all the time- which makes it even more offensive.  I love her so much I don't even mind that she cheers for the Buckeyes.   That's saying a lot. 

P.S  Have you ever seen a bug loving 2.75 year old discover fireflys for the first time?  Pretty sure there is nothing better. Thankful for Granny's backyard swarming with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment