Thursday, August 20, 2015

Blueberry Picking

We used to go blueberry picking every August in Connecticut.  If I'm being honest it was pretty much my least favorite activity of summer.  I don't even like blueberries.  Who wants to pick them in the hot August sun when you could be playing in the water?  I still pretty much feel this way.

Yet. . .

I made my kids go blueberry picking last week.  On the hottest day of the summer.  They seemed to think it was okay.  Gracie managed to eat every single blueberry she picked, Fisher ended up with a sizable bucket full.  I still hated it.  We could have been at the beach.

Sometimes I need to let traditions die.  We will probably go blueberry picking next year.   My grandma Liz would want us to.  She liked fresh blueberries in her summer pancakes.

Picking low lying fruit

Fisher's was surprisingly successful at this boring task

Gracie not as successful.  Caught eating her 100th blueberry

1 comment:

  1. We loved the blueberries you picked so much that they are in our freezer waiting to be transformed into pie, muffins and jam.

    ReplyDelete