Nick tried to calm me down by making a run to the gas station for coffee and donuts. Yuck. Plastic little Debbie donuts and stale coffee. I'll save my calories for free hot dogs and popcorn at the community picnic. I'm difficult to please, Gracie on the other hand has never met a donut she didn't like.
And is always obsessed with her dad, even when he brings the wrong kind of donuts and gets up late. I should mention Nick picked out this patriotic jersey all by himself. I was secretly very happy.
The parade was great fun and I decided next year I am going to organize a float. My friends should be scared.
After the parade we joined hundreds of our neighbors at the community picnic. They had free hot dogs, ice cream, bounce houses, crafts and a band. Nothing creates a long line quite like free $.50 hot dogs and popcorn. Here is how my kids felt about that.
Once they received their promised ice cream everyone was happier. They even shared.
And let me take a rare family photo.
By the time the above photo was taken even I had recovered from my "traumatic" morning. We finished off the day with the real life Grand Haven fireworks, viewed from the back of a pick-up truck with fun friends. When we got home we joined our neighbors for a bon fire as we watched a stream of hundreds of boats return from the big fireworks. We really live in a unique and special place, that I will celebrate with next year's parade float. I can already tell you that won't be stressful at all and I will be perfectly composed all day. Just make sure you wear your patriotic flair or no parade for you.










No comments:
Post a Comment