Cousin Kelly took time off from her job and flew in from DC to help wrangle the circus. We needed her. More like Fisher needed her, because he is obsessed with her and always wants her. When she is around I don't exist. She even does car seat in and out with ease, a unicorn of a quality in a person. Here are some photos of Fisher and his number one blonde.
Our first afternoon we spent time at the Rose garden where Granny has a memorial rose plant for the original Jack Fisher, my grandpa. It was hot. Poor Gracie almost melted. But at the same time the park was beautiful and I always love seeing my grandpa's name in print.
Back at the big house, the marble game was a huge hit. I had a few moments where I thought it might not live past our visit, but then I remembered it has been well loved by children in our family for 100 years. My kids couldn't possibly be worse than all my relatives as kids going back generations and destroy an heirloom game or could they be? Thankfully the game survived and will hopefully live to see future generations of destructive Fisher children.
Aunt Martha was our guide and carted us from place to place with a smile. I'm thankfully that we have seen her every couple months this year. Maybe a new record. She is also one of the few people who can calm Gracie bear down, the rarest unicorn quality of all.
We also had the opportunity to visit with my aunt and uncle Chris and Chris. This is the only photo. Sorry guys. We will get a better one Up North.
Thankfully we will see all of these peeps in a few weeks at my cousin Andrew's wedding. I have 100% confidence at this event my children will behave more like the church attending, hand holding souls they truly are.
Yeah right!













No comments:
Post a Comment