Earlier I wrote about Katie & Brent's tailgate
shower invites. We knew when picking the date I wouldn't be in attendance. American Airlines must be wondering where I am.
The photographic evidence suggests a successful party. Football season is the only time it's appropriate for ladies to 1.) Drink during the day 2.) Drink beer.
Planning a long distance shower with Donielle was super easy. We are both (sometimes) organized and enjoy a good list. Side note, I have noticed my blog has lots of lists. I can't help it. I love them. The shower was planned from start to finish with 1 phone call, and a master list of to do items divided between us.
I am glad Donielle is not writing this blog entry as she *might* see things slightly differently, particularly in regards to long emails suggesting decor placement and clear solo cups sent via UPS. Apparently Chicago has clear solo cups too. Who knew? As I type this I am realizing how much of a control freak I am. In my head sending solo cups made perfect sense, it guaranteed they were the right weight and density. Not all solo cups are created equal.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. I sent Donielle the signage, runners, napkins, silverware, placemats, table cloth, framed photos, cupcake toppers, straws, cake stands and collegiate trays via mail. She rented the tables, made all the food, handled set-up, alcohol and put up with me. Not to mention she graciously hosted everyone in her very cool, just remodeled loft.
 |
| Food table. . . yum. Burlap left over from lobsterbake, red placemats from a Christmas party, Napkins tied with red and white string from my "signature" 2010 Christmas wrapping. I love having party inventory. |
 |
| Bar menu and straws in Ohio State colors. Yes this was tough for a Wolverine fan. |
 |
| Katie & Brent will be getting married in their favorite city, Charleston in April. |
 |
| Katie sporting Iowa colors, Donielle sporting Michigan colors |
 |
| Not sure about these football helmet cupcake toppers . . . oh well |
 |
| We had lots of semi clever food names, this was my favorite combining their last names of Gillig and Green. |
 |
| We tried to stick with Ohio State and University of Iowa colors, the couples favorite Big Ten teams |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment