1.) A proper mom camera (otherwise known as an SLR)
2.) A proper birthday cake
The camera arrived Friday- thanks mom & dad! I have wanted one for over a year and can't wait to learn to use it. Yes, hopefully this means my blog photography will improve, but no promises.
Now about my cake obsession. . .
Growing up my mom would lovingly bake my birthday cake from scratch every year, finishing it off with rich, homemade frosting. Amazing right? I hated it. By junior high I demanded Betty Crocker from the box cake with canned frosting. By high school my tastes had elevated- I really felt a purchased cake from the grocery store was best. Needless to say I never received a fancy white sheet cake with my name written on it in pink.
Fast forward to today. Twenty-nine years and worth the wait. Don't worry mom it is from a proper bakery not the grocery store.
| Yum. |
| I love it! Nick picked a baby/fresh flower theme. He is getting more creative as the years go by. |
| The Shavers & Hardaways came over to help with the cake |
P.S I am totally going to torture the little Lardo with homemade cakes. Sorry buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment