We made the pilgrimage to Long Lake for the 2nd Easter in a row. This one shared many of the same highlights with its' predecessor- egg dying, egg hunt, delicious food, beautiful service at Kirk in the Hills, but with one giant added bonus- Alison and Jason joined the party from Atlanta.
Half way through the three hour drive I realized I forgot Fishers Easter basket at home. I improvised with items found around the house. Nothing beats a banana and old toys for Easter. When I look at the difference between last year's basket and this year's basket its clear that if this trend continues Fisher will receive carrot sticks in a paper cup next year. Sorry little man.
Nick was the most dismayed. "You mean we store that basket 364 days a year for one morning and you didn't bring it?". Yes that is what I mean. I have never been a model of efficiency.




Yes, Ali and Jason did add a lot to the weekend. Loved your "It's a girl" egg. Nick was able to make it, which was great and Fisher got a pet fish and adored zooming down the Shain Park slide. So even though the basket wasn't with us, it was one great weekend.
ReplyDelete