I made the invites with the help of calligraphy from Catherine of Catherine Burke Calligraphy . I love how the envelopes came out. My friend Katie thought it was a wedding invitation. I let her know that baptism and marriage you only do once. Both deserve calligraphy.
| Everything is prettier with calligraphy |
Once again my mom helped with the envelope linings- what I would do without her? She is becoming a semi professional envelope liner, even if I had to re-trim 95% of her work. Cutting is not her creative strength.
| Love this handmade Japanese paper- sort of wave like |
We are going with a blue & white, nautical fish sort of theme because:
1.) I have tons of blue and white dishware
2.) Fisher . . . Fish . . . the obvious
3.) A fish was the early symbol of the 1st century church. In a time when it was life threatening to be a Christian, members of the early church would draw a simple fish in the sand with a stick to indicate that they were a follower of Jesus' teachings. They hoped the fish would attract other like minded (read this as people who would not kill them) individuals.
Ordered vintage stamps on Etsy.
Made simple wording on Illustrator. Sadly Catherine made beautiful lettering for the interior invite too, but my printer wouldn't cooperate. It might be time to upgrade from the free printer with purchase of my Mac in 2008.
My 30th birthday is coming up. . .
I love the vintage stamps! everything came together so well! glad your happy :)
ReplyDeleteThey are great! Catherine, love your calligraphy!! And you are right Jane, it does deserve calligraphy. I mean, I feel like everything does!!! Sad to miss it but we will be there in spirit!
ReplyDelete